What’s standing in the way of your exam success?
Often we can be bogged down in our exam revision and fail to see the best way through it all. This article talks about the three areas that might be hindering your progress and gives you an option to help you overcome these obstacles.
Are any of these three things getting in the way of your achieving the best exam results possible?
Are you enthusiastic? Do you have a compelling reason to get good grades?
Are you using the best techniques for your learning preferences to revise and get the best marks?
Can you see the big picture? Can you see how working hard now will pay dividends in the future?
A Little Story
I want to tell you a story. If you’ve ever experienced an ‘aha!’ moment, then you’ll be able to relate to it…
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to try out a practice skiff at the River & Rowing Museum in Henley-on-Thames. I don’t know if you know about these particular rowing boats, but when sitting in a skiff you have a very high centre of gravity. That means it’s very easy to lose your balance and topple over.
It’s a good job that this practice skiff was indoors and not in the water, because I found it so difficult to balance that I would have had a certain dunking in the river – several times over – if we’d have been doing it for real!
After a little while of trying desperately to keep my balance, someone leant forward and suggested, “Relax – let your muscles go limp and imagine all your weight going down through your body and through the seat into the floor below.”
Of course, I realised at that point, I was simply trying too hard. And what was the worst that was going to happen?
So I tried his advice, and to my astonishment, the tension, the fear and – more to the point – the wobbling disappeared! There I sat, smack bang in the middle of the boat, as still as you can imagine!
What’s in the way?
What’s usually in the way for people to get good exam results?
I have found that the trouble with most learning resources is that:
- First of all, you don’t know which of the suggestions are likely to work well for you, so you can waste a lot of time trying stuff that might be great for other people but was never likely to help you.
- Also, I’ve noticed that instructions are often incomplete, and you can waste even more of the little time you have, trying to work it all out – possibly giving up up before you find out how useful it might be.
- And the other thing is that you don’t normally get a chance to talk to the person giving you the advice.
That’s where Genius Material wins hands down.
- Your answers to the online questionnaire will generate an eBook and supplementary material, tailored especially for you and the way that you learn faster.
- The advice is set out step-by-step so you can see exactly how you can convert the information you’re trying to learn into a format that works for you.
- You can talk to me! I’m on the end of a ‘phone. You can e-mail me. You can contact me via Facebook, Linked In, by ‘phone.
- The online training videos show you exactly how to revise for best exam results.
- Weekly webinar recordings allow you a deeper understanding and further techniques to speed up the revision process.
And that’s just for starters!
They say that if what you’re doing isn’t working – do something else! Why not do what all the members of Genius Material have done? Copy the strategy of successful people, and discover the same success for yourself.