The CII’s R06 exam forms part of the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. The exam is 3 hours and based on two case studies, which the candidates receive two weeks prior to the exam sitting. The nominal pass mark is 55%.
Our learning resources
Receive a PDF download link to our FREE R06 How to Pass Guide via email when you make a purchase or request a free taster for any of our R06 resources. It’s our gift to you!
This is for you if …
You need expert help as you prepare for the forthcoming R06 exam. The R06 analysis package provides a full detailed analysis of the case studies and includes likely questions with model answers; generic questions and answers; self-test questions; past paper analysis; exam technique; email support day (with Q&A document of useful questions posed on the day); and access to our free exam preparation video.
This is for you if …
You want to practise using our analyses from earlier exams. The R06 past analyses provide types of questions and examiner’s comments, exam technique, past paper analysis, and generic questions that include product areas and technical knowledge.
This is for you if …
You need help with the calculations aspect of your CII R06 exam. This R06 calculation workbook helps you decipher and extract the necessary information from a calculation question and provides calculation questions with full step-by-step answers, detailed explanations and cross-references to the relevant CII study text.
- “After a long lay off due to illness I decided to complete my Diploma. Brand Financial Training supported my studies. Their study material is excellent, so easy to read and presented in a logical format. The analysis for R06 was received promptly along with study tips and was invaluable. Test papers for R01 again were just the job. I really appreciated the personal attention received from Catriona, with suggestions for a variety of learning resources. All reasonably priced. Many thanks. I will be doing Level 6 with Brand Financial Training.”Philip DoddChester
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I have just passed my exam first time, once again, relying mainly on your study notes. The calculation workbook was very useful, helping me to understand and work through the calculations, as were the mock exams giving me practice for the exam itself. Thank you!"Paul JacksonPartner, Professional Practice Services, Worcestershire
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- "At the age of 20 I became the youngest person to hold the CII Diploma. I achieved this through hard work and the use of resources including those provided by Brand Financial Training; in particular the mock exams, study notes and the extremely helpful Calculation Workbooks. I'm now moving forward with the Advanced Diploma and continue to use Brand Financial Training's resources to aid my progression to Chartered Status. I certainly recommend them."Josh ButtenMDG MK, Milton Keynes
- “The hard work needed to get through exams is paying off. Many more advisers have been inspired to learn and work hard. My old boss told me once – we don’t sell widgets – we sell knowledge, trust and confidence. Knowledge is a key component - the trust equation is a whole different subject, but many more advisers have been on a learning journey that is sure to continue - and the stats prove it. Well done to everyone at Brand for supporting them on that journey."John ReynoldsExpert Pensions, Edinburgh