The CII’s R05 exam focuses on financial protection products and is a part of the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. It is a 1-hour multiple-choice question paper consisting of 50 questions, with a nominal pass mark of 70%.
Our learning resources
Receive a PDF download link to our FREE R05 How to Pass Guide via email when you make a purchase or request a free taster. It’s our gift to you!
This is for you if…
You’re looking for more variety in your R05 study materials and wish to save money. Make use of our R05 study kits, reducing the cost of your CII exam study with an automatic discount of up to 20% on our standalone prices. Choose from our R05 study kit with only two resources, or get the largest saving by purchasing all three.
This is for you if …
You want essential R05 mock exam questions practice in an online setting. Drawing from our question bank, our R05 E-Mocks allow you to log on and take short quizzes of 10, 30, or 50 questions, or practise with a fully timed mock exam, all with a detailed explanation of the correct answers and cross-references to the CII R05 study text.
This is for you if …
You want essential R05 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of 50 questions and answers in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus detailed explanation of the correct answers and cross-references to the CII R05 study text. Note: these questions are included in our R05 Online E-Mocks.
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff
- "I'm now Chartered... I have sat six exams in a year - all supported by Brand and passed them all. Thank you!"Scott MiddletonJ M Taylor, Aberdeen
- I was told about Brand Financial Training by a colleague at work and thought it sounded too good to be true but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad that I did! The website is really helpful to find out more information about different qualifications, pass rates and discovered that by taking one extra exam it would give me a certificate in mortgage advice which is vital for my current role. The service from Brand has been top quality from start to finish and both their products and service are second to none.Nathan FarrellTeam Manager, London & Country, Bath
- “The hard work needed to get through exams is paying off. Many more advisers have been inspired to learn and work hard. My old boss told me once – we don’t sell widgets – we sell knowledge, trust and confidence. Knowledge is a key component - the trust equation is a whole different subject, but many more advisers have been on a learning journey that is sure to continue - and the stats prove it. Well done to everyone at Brand for supporting them on that journey."John ReynoldsExpert Pensions, Edinburgh