The CII’s FA1 exam forms part of the Award in Financial Administration and the Certificate in Regulated Financial Services Operations. It is a 1-hour multiple-choice question paper consisting of 50 questions, with a nominal pass mark of 70%.
Our learning resources
This is for you if…
You want essential FA1 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of 50 questions and answers in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus cross-references to the CII FA1 study text.
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- “The hard work needed to get through exams is paying off. Many more advisers have been inspired to learn and work hard. My old boss told me once – we don’t sell widgets – we sell knowledge, trust and confidence. Knowledge is a key component - the trust equation is a whole different subject, but many more advisers have been on a learning journey that is sure to continue - and the stats prove it. Well done to everyone at Brand for supporting them on that journey."John ReynoldsExpert Pensions, Edinburgh
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff
- I was told about Brand Financial Training by a colleague at work and thought it sounded too good to be true but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad that I did! The website is really helpful to find out more information about different qualifications, pass rates and discovered that by taking one extra exam it would give me a certificate in mortgage advice which is vital for my current role. The service from Brand has been top quality from start to finish and both their products and service are second to none.Nathan FarrellTeam Manager, London & Country, Bath
- "At the age of 20 I became the youngest person to hold the CII Diploma. I achieved this through hard work and the use of resources including those provided by Brand Financial Training; in particular the mock exams, study notes and the extremely helpful Calculation Workbooks. I'm now moving forward with the Advanced Diploma and continue to use Brand Financial Training's resources to aid my progression to Chartered Status. I certainly recommend them."Josh ButtenMDG MK, Milton Keynes
- "Brand Financial Training's great material was easy to use and really helped me get through some areas to get the Diploma. I'll use them next time for future exams."Giovanni ManigliaWealth Management Adviser, Lloyds TSB, Bristol