The CII’s AF7 Pension transfers exam forms part of the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning and the Award in Regulated Pension Transfer Advice. It is a 2-hour exam with 3-4 compulsory written short answer questions and 2 case study based questions. It has a nominal pass mark of 60%.
Our learning resources
This is for you if…
You want essential AF7 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of multi-part questions, answers, and case studies in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus cross-references to the relevant CII study text.
This is for you if…
You want to practise the ‘staple’ 70-80% of questions that come up time and again. You’ll find questions, answers, detailed explanations of key calculations and methods*, and cross-references to the relevant CII study text.
*Whilst you are unlikely to be asked to perform calculations in the exam, you do need to understand the calculation methods.
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- "I'm now Chartered... I have sat six exams in a year - all supported by Brand and passed them all. Thank you!"Scott MiddletonJ M Taylor, Aberdeen
- "I have just passed my exam first time, once again, relying mainly on your study notes. The calculation workbook was very useful, helping me to understand and work through the calculations, as were the mock exams giving me practice for the exam itself. Thank you!"Paul JacksonPartner, Professional Practice Services, Worcestershire
- I was told about Brand Financial Training by a colleague at work and thought it sounded too good to be true but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad that I did! The website is really helpful to find out more information about different qualifications, pass rates and discovered that by taking one extra exam it would give me a certificate in mortgage advice which is vital for my current role. The service from Brand has been top quality from start to finish and both their products and service are second to none.Nathan FarrellTeam Manager, London & Country, Bath
- "Brand Financial Training's great material was easy to use and really helped me get through some areas to get the Diploma. I'll use them next time for future exams."Giovanni ManigliaWealth Management Adviser, Lloyds TSB, Bristol
- “The hard work needed to get through exams is paying off. Many more advisers have been inspired to learn and work hard. My old boss told me once – we don’t sell widgets – we sell knowledge, trust and confidence. Knowledge is a key component - the trust equation is a whole different subject, but many more advisers have been on a learning journey that is sure to continue - and the stats prove it. Well done to everyone at Brand for supporting them on that journey."John ReynoldsExpert Pensions, Edinburgh