The CII’s R01 exam focuses on financial services; its regulation and ethics. It forms a part of the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. It is a 2-hour multiple-choice question paper consisting of 100 questions, with a nominal pass mark of 65%.
Our learning resources
Receive a PDF download link to our FREE R01 How to Pass Guide via email when you make a purchase or request a free taster. It’s our gift to you!
This is for you if…
You’re looking for more variety in your R01 study materials and wish to save money. Make use of our R01 study kits, reducing the cost of your CII exam study with an automatic discount of up to 20% on our standalone prices. Choose our R01 study kit with only two resources, or get the largest saving by purchasing all three.
This is for you if …
You want essential R01 mock exam questions practice in an online setting. Drawing from our question bank, our R01 E-Mocks allow you to log on and take short quizzes of 10, 30, or 100 questions, or practise with a fully timed mock exam, all with a detailed explanation of the correct answers and cross-references to the CII R01 study text.
This is for you if …
You want essential R01 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of 100 questions and answers in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus detailed explanation of the correct answers and cross-references to the CII R01 study text. Note: these questions are included in our R01 Online E-Mocks
- "Brand Financial Training's great material was easy to use and really helped me get through some areas to get the Diploma. I'll use them next time for future exams."Giovanni ManigliaWealth Management Adviser, Lloyds TSB, Bristol
- “After a long lay off due to illness I decided to complete my Diploma. Brand Financial Training supported my studies. Their study material is excellent, so easy to read and presented in a logical format. The analysis for R06 was received promptly along with study tips and was invaluable. Test papers for R01 again were just the job. I really appreciated the personal attention received from Catriona, with suggestions for a variety of learning resources. All reasonably priced. Many thanks. I will be doing Level 6 with Brand Financial Training.”Philip DoddChester
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff
- I was told about Brand Financial Training by a colleague at work and thought it sounded too good to be true but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad that I did! The website is really helpful to find out more information about different qualifications, pass rates and discovered that by taking one extra exam it would give me a certificate in mortgage advice which is vital for my current role. The service from Brand has been top quality from start to finish and both their products and service are second to none.Nathan FarrellTeam Manager, London & Country, Bath
- "At the age of 20 I became the youngest person to hold the CII Diploma. I achieved this through hard work and the use of resources including those provided by Brand Financial Training; in particular the mock exams, study notes and the extremely helpful Calculation Workbooks. I'm now moving forward with the Advanced Diploma and continue to use Brand Financial Training's resources to aid my progression to Chartered Status. I certainly recommend them."Josh ButtenMDG MK, Milton Keynes