The CII’s AF1 exam forms part of the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning. It is a 3-hour question paper taking a case study approach. It consists of 3 compulsory questions, with a nominal pass mark of 55%.
Our learning resources
This is for you if…
You’re looking for more variety in your AF1 study materials and wish to save money. Make use of our AF1 study kits, reducing the cost of your CII exam study with an automatic discount of 10% on our standalone prices. Choose from our AF1 study kits with only two or three resources, or get the largest saving by purchasing them all.
This is for you if…
You want essential AF1 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of 3 multi-part questions and answers in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus cross-references to the relevant CII study text.
This is for you if …
You need help with the calculations aspect of your CII AF1 exam. This AF1 calculation workbook helps you decipher and extract the necessary information from a calculation question and provides calculation questions with full step-by-step answers, detailed explanations, and cross-references to the relevant CII study text.
This is for you if …
You want to master the trusts part of the AF1 exam syllabus, including their set-up and administration, taxation, and how they relate to financial planning. This workbook aids knowledge retention and understanding of the CII AF1 material with a variety of short exercises.
- "I have just passed my exam first time, once again, relying mainly on your study notes. The calculation workbook was very useful, helping me to understand and work through the calculations, as were the mock exams giving me practice for the exam itself. Thank you!"Paul JacksonPartner, Professional Practice Services, Worcestershire
- “The hard work needed to get through exams is paying off. Many more advisers have been inspired to learn and work hard. My old boss told me once – we don’t sell widgets – we sell knowledge, trust and confidence. Knowledge is a key component - the trust equation is a whole different subject, but many more advisers have been on a learning journey that is sure to continue - and the stats prove it. Well done to everyone at Brand for supporting them on that journey."John ReynoldsExpert Pensions, Edinburgh
- I was told about Brand Financial Training by a colleague at work and thought it sounded too good to be true but gave it a go anyway and I'm so glad that I did! The website is really helpful to find out more information about different qualifications, pass rates and discovered that by taking one extra exam it would give me a certificate in mortgage advice which is vital for my current role. The service from Brand has been top quality from start to finish and both their products and service are second to none.Nathan FarrellTeam Manager, London & Country, Bath
- "Brand Financial Training's great material was easy to use and really helped me get through some areas to get the Diploma. I'll use them next time for future exams."Giovanni ManigliaWealth Management Adviser, Lloyds TSB, Bristol
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff