The CII’s AF5 exam is the compulsory exam in the CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning. Candidates are sent a ‘fact-find’ two weeks prior to their exam date. The candidate is then examined, during the 3-hour exam, using 8 compulsory questions on key aspects of the financial planning process, which are based on the ‘fact-find’. The nominal pass mark is 55%.
Our learning resources
Receive a PDF download link to our FREE AF5 How to Pass Guide via email when you make a purchase or request a free taster for any of our AF5 resources. It’s our gift to you!
This is for you if…
You need expert help as you prepare for the forthcoming AF5 exam. The AF5 analysis package provides a full detailed analysis of the fact-find and includes client’s objectives; questions our experts think could be asked in the exam and model answers; generic questions and answers; self-test questions; past paper analysis; exam technique; email support day (with Q&A document of useful questions posed on the day); and access to our free exam preparation video.
This is for you if…
You want to practise using our analyses from earlier exams. The AF5 past analyses provide full detailed analysis of the fact-finds issued by the CII for earlier exams; types of questions and examiner’s comments; exam technique; past paper analysis; generic areas; potential immediate and longer-term objectives; and likely questions based on assumed objectives.
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- “After a long lay off due to illness I decided to complete my Diploma. Brand Financial Training supported my studies. Their study material is excellent, so easy to read and presented in a logical format. The analysis for R06 was received promptly along with study tips and was invaluable. Test papers for R01 again were just the job. I really appreciated the personal attention received from Catriona, with suggestions for a variety of learning resources. All reasonably priced. Many thanks. I will be doing Level 6 with Brand Financial Training.”Philip DoddChester
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff
- "I have just passed my exam first time, once again, relying mainly on your study notes. The calculation workbook was very useful, helping me to understand and work through the calculations, as were the mock exams giving me practice for the exam itself. Thank you!"Paul JacksonPartner, Professional Practice Services, Worcestershire
- "I'm now Chartered... I have sat six exams in a year - all supported by Brand and passed them all. Thank you!"Scott MiddletonJ M Taylor, Aberdeen