The CII’s J10 exam forms part of the Diploma in Financial Planning and the Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management. It is a 2-hour multiple-choice question paper consisting of 90 questions (70 multiple-choice, and 4 case studies with 5 multiple-choice questions in each), with a nominal pass mark of 65%.
Our learning resources
This is for you if…
You want essential J10 mock exam questions practice but you like to print out and sit mock papers with pen and paper. You will receive 3 full sets of 90 questions and answers, including 4 case studies, in PDF format for you to print yourself, plus cross-references to the CII J10 study text.
This is for you if…
You need help with the calculations aspect of your CII J10 exam. This J10 calculation workbook helps you decipher and extract the necessary information from a calculation question and provides calculation questions with full step-by-step answers, detailed explanations, and cross-references to the CII J10 study text.
- "I've used your resources for 3 exams so far and have always passed first time. I find these questions help to highlight those areas in which I am weak and which may need further study. I also find that questions in the exam are phrased in a way that I would not normally use, and that reading mock questions helps me to be aware of and alert to these. Your mock papers were invaluable in helping me to prepare for my exams."John BisattAdviser, Palmer Lane, Cardiff
- "I have just passed my exam first time, once again, relying mainly on your study notes. The calculation workbook was very useful, helping me to understand and work through the calculations, as were the mock exams giving me practice for the exam itself. Thank you!"Paul JacksonPartner, Professional Practice Services, Worcestershire
- "I have always used Brand Financial Training for the papers and practice for the exams, and I would also say that probably due to Brand Financial I have passed every exam first time and also managed to achieve the Fellowship in good time (about 30 months from starting the diploma to finishing). I have recommended you to all who wish to sit the exams in the future."Brian HemmingsChartered Financial Planner, GMB Portfolio Services Ltd, Edinburgh
- "I'm now Chartered... I have sat six exams in a year - all supported by Brand and passed them all. Thank you!"Scott MiddletonJ M Taylor, Aberdeen
- "I have used Brand Financial Training for many of my CF & R0 exams. Each module has done exactly what it days on the tin, and it helps you pass your exams. The material is very detailed, but not to the point it's overwhelming. It complements the CII coursework, but gives you a detailed understanding of the topics and puts your theory into practice. I have a 100% success rate so far, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the service to any of my colleagues or friends."Leanne TraceySenior Customer Consultant, Standard Life Direct
- "At the age of 20 I became the youngest person to hold the CII Diploma. I achieved this through hard work and the use of resources including those provided by Brand Financial Training; in particular the mock exams, study notes and the extremely helpful Calculation Workbooks. I'm now moving forward with the Advanced Diploma and continue to use Brand Financial Training's resources to aid my progression to Chartered Status. I certainly recommend them."Josh ButtenMDG MK, Milton Keynes