Friday Five – 17 May – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
Last updated on September 25th, 2019 at 4:15 am
Welcome to this week’s Friday Five – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Every Friday
What’s this all about?
It’s a bit of Friday Fun where we provide you with 5 questions relevant to a mix of CII exams. The challenge is for you to answer them in 5 minutes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT! These questions relate to examinable tax year 2018/19, examinable by the CII until 31 August 2019. They do not relate to tax year 2019/20 which is only examinable by the CII from 1 September 2019.
- Who oversees the UK payments system?
- The Payments System Regulator
- The Bank of England
- The Payments Council
- The Association of Payments Clearing Services
- Which fund management style is based on finding companies with long-term sustainable advantage often used by active growth managers?
- Growth At A Reasonable Price
- Which of the following actions would HMRC most likely take into account when assessing if someone has acquired a new domicile status? Tick all that apply.
- Sally sells her Kensington flat to buy a new home for her and her family in Madrid
- Evan is travelling around America for 12 months and will then return to the UK
- Ross let out his property as he is spending an increasing amount of time in Sweden with his new girlfriend
- Poppy’s Australian business is flourishing so she has sold her UK home and bought an apartment in Sydney and told everyone she is emigrating
- If Mary wishes to achieve a higher level of new State Pension by increasing her qualifying years, she should consider paying which of the following National Insurance Contributions?
- Class 3A.
- Class 3.
- Class 2.
- Class 4.
- Jane was recently made redundant and is currently receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA). If she receives support for mortgage interest loan payments, they will be:
- Paid after 39 weeks for a maximum of 2 years
- Paid after 39 weeks and paid until she finds new employment
- Paid after 26 weeks for interest on mortgages up to £100,000
- Paid after 13 weeks for a maximum of 2 years
- B – See R01 Study Text, Chp 1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R01. Click here to download.
- B – See R02 Study Text, Chp 8
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R02. Click here to download.
- AD – See R03 Study Text, Chp 5
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R03. Click here to download.
- B – See R04 Study Text, Chp 7
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R04. Click here to download.
- A – See R05 Study Text, Chp 3
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R05. Click here to download.
How did you find this week’s questions? Did you complete them in 5 minutes? Did you get them all correct? Do you disagree with any?
If you found this quiz useful for your CII exam revision, please do share it with your colleagues.I've just answered this week's Friday Five CII exam questions - can you? #Fri5 Click To Tweet