Friday Five – 17 July – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
Last updated on July 21st, 2020 at 2:43 am
Welcome to this week’s Friday Five – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Every Friday
What’s this all about?
It’s a bit of Friday Fun where we provide you with 5 questions relevant to a mix of CII exams. The challenge is for you to answer them in 5 minutes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT! These questions relate to examinable tax year 2019/20, examinable by the CII until 31 August 2020. They do not relate to tax year 2020/21 which is only examinable by the CII from 1 September 2020.
- Which of the following is one of the operational objectives of the Financial Conduct Authority?
- Protect consumers
- Openness and disclosure
- The efficient frontier model relies on the claim that rational investors tend to choose portfolios that:
- are low risk and only produce low returns.
- generate high returns based on perfect negative correlation.
- enable them to take risky decisions aimed at loss aversion.
- generate the maximum possible return with the least amount of risk.
- Amanda is selling her flat and buying a larger residential property in Manchester for £255,000. She has agreed with the vendor that this includes £5,500 for all of the white goods, carpets, and curtains. How much Stamp Duty Land Tax is payable?
- Julian has recently died having been a member of a defined benefit pension scheme for 25 years. Following his death, the scheme can provide benefits in which of the following ways? Tick all that apply.
- As a dependant’s scheme pension
- Through a guarantee period
- As a pension protection lump sum
- As an annuity protection lump sum
- A group accident, sickness, and unemployment policy has which advantage over an individual policy?
- Unrestricted cover for accidents
- Enhanced benefit amounts
- No deferred periods
- Preferential premiums and underwriting
- C – See R01 Study Text, Chp 5:1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R01. Click here to download.
- D – See R02 Study Text, Chp 3
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R02. Click here to download.
- A – See R03 Study Text, Chp 7
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R03. Click here to download.
- ABC – See R04 Study Text, Chp 6
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R04 Click here to download.
- D – See R05 Study Text, Chp 9
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R05. Click here to download.
How did you find this week’s questions? Did you complete them in 5 minutes? Did you get them all correct? Do you disagree with any?
If you found this quiz useful for your CII exam revision, please do share it with your colleagues.I've just answered this week's Friday Five CII exam questions - can you? #Fri5 Click To Tweet