Friday Five – 12 October – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
Welcome to this week’s Friday Five – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Every Friday
What’s this all about?
It’s a bit of Friday Fun where we provide you with 5 questions relevant to a mix of CII exams. The challenge is for you to answer them in 5 minutes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
These questions relate to examinable tax year 2018/19, examinable until 31 August 2019.
- Which of the following is NOT regarded as a key cultural driver?
- Recruitment and T&C
- Decision making and challenge
- Ethnic diversity
- How are REITs taxed from an investor’s perspective? Tick all that apply.
- Gains from REITs are subject to CGT
- Payment from the tax-exempt element is paid gross but liable to tax at 20%
- Dividends from the non-exempt element are paid gross
- Gains are chargeable events and subject to income tax at marginal rate
- Which of the following individuals would be unable to claim a personal allowance against income taxable in the UK?
- John, a non-resident former teacher in the UK who, following a period of illness, has moved to Spain to recuperate and aid his recovery
- Oliver who lives in the Isle of Man
- Toby, who has annual overseas income of £6,000 and pays tax on a remittance basis
- Sophie, whose late husband worked at the Crown Prosecution Service and now lives in Germany
- Under auto-enrolment rules, if ABC Ltd has employees who had previously opted out they must re-enrol the eligible jobholders at least every:
- 12 months.
- 2 years.
- 3 years.
- 4 years.
- Arlene has started a second occupation on a part-time basis, three years after taking out her income protection policy. How will this change be treated by most providers?
- It will mean that her benefits are reduced
- It will mean that her premiums are reduced
- It will mean that the cover will cease
- It will mean that her benefits will only be paid in relation to her occupation at the time the policy started
- D – See R01 Study Text, Chp 9
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R01. Click here to download.
- A C – See R02 Study Text, Chp 6:2
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R02. Click here to download.
- C – See R03 Study Text, Chp 1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R03. Click here to download.
- C – See R04 Study Text, Chp 3
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R04. Click here to download.
- D – See R05 Study Text, Chp 6
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R05. Click here to download.
How did you find this week’s questions? Did you complete them in 5 minutes? Did you get them all correct? Do you disagree with any?
Do let us know by leaving a comment below – we promise to read them all. (Humour particularly appreciated on a Friday!)I've just answered this week's Friday Five CII exam questions - can you? #Fri5 Click To Tweet