Friday Five – 25 March – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
Last updated on September 25th, 2019 at 4:38 am
Welcome to this week’s Friday Five – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Every Friday
What’s this all about?
It’s a bit of Friday Fun where we provide you with 5 questions relevant to a mix of CII exams. The challenge is for you to answer them in 5 minutes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
These questions relate to examinable tax year 2015/16, examinable until 31 August 2016.
- At what point when dealing with life assurance is acceptance regarded as having taken place?
- On producing a quotation
- At the end of the cooling off period
- On receipt of the life office’s acceptance letter
- Payment of the first premium
- Mark earns a basic salary of £50,000 and also receives self-employed profits of £15,000. In this tax year, what is Mark’s total liability to income tax?
- Following 18 months of membership. Neil is leaving his firm’s occupational money purchase scheme. At the point of leaving he had contributed £24,000 gross; a figure matched by the employer. Neil, a higher rate taxpayer, may be offered a net refund of:
- How does commercial paper differ from treasury bills?
- Commercial paper is issued at a discount to maturity value
- Commercial paper is short-term
- Commercial paper typically has higher yields
- The purpose of Treasury bills is to fund daily cash flows
- A company has been paid 100,000 euros for goods and wants to convert this to sterling. If the GBP:EUR quote is 1.2503/8 what amount would the company receive?
- D – See R01 Study Text, Chp 3, Section C2
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R01. Click here to download.
- A – See R03 Study Text, Chp 1, Section I1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R03. Click here to download.
- A – See R04 Study Text, Chp 4.2, Section F1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R04. Click here to download.
- C – See J10 Study Text, Chp 2:1 Section A2A
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII J10. Click here to download.
- C – See J12 Study Text, Chp 3 Section D1
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII J12. Click here to download.
How did you find this week’s questions? Did you complete them in 5 minutes? Did you get them all correct? Do you disagree with any?
Do let us know by leaving a comment below – we promise to read them all. (Humour particularly appreciated on a Friday!)