Friday Five – 21 August 2015 – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
Last updated on September 25th, 2019 at 4:40 am
Welcome to this week’s Friday Five – 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Every Friday
What’s this all about?
It’s a bit of Friday Fun where we provide you with 5 questions relevant to a mix of CII exams. The challenge is for you to answer them in 5 minutes. Answers at the bottom of the page.
These questions relate to examinable tax year 2014/15, examinable until 31 August 2015.
- Following 18 months of membership. Neil is leaving his firm’s occupational money purchase scheme. At the point of leaving he had contributed £24,000 gross; a figure matched by the employer. Neil, a higher rate taxpayer, may be offered a net refund of:
- What are the risks associated with investing directly in property?
- The time needed to buy or sell, void periods and interest rate rises
- Property is regarded as the most volatile asset class
- Payment on surrender can be delayed for up to 6 months
- Most investors are inexperienced in investing in commercial property
- Amy has telephoned her bank for mortgage advice. How may the initial disclosure requirement be met?
- In writing
- By post
- Which of the following is one of the main types of security traded in the money markets?
- Traded endowments
- Exchanged traded funds
- Commercial bills
- Simon makes payments to his occupational pension scheme by deduction from his pay. What is this method known as?
- Net pay arrangement
- Relief at source
- Gross pay arrangement
- Relief by claim
- A – See R04 Study Text, Chp 5 Section D1A
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R04. Click here to download.
- A – See R01 Study Text, Chp 2 Section B6B
Grab out taster mock exam paper for CII R01. Click here to download.
- C – See R07 Study Text, Chp 2 Section C4A
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R07. Click here to download.
- D – See R02 Study Text, Chp 1.1 Section A5B
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R02. Click here to download.
- A – See R03 Study Text, Chp 1 Section F3
Grab our taster mock exam paper for CII R03. Click here to download.
How did you find this week’s questions? Did you complete them in 5 minutes? Did you get them all correct? Do you disagree with any?
Do let us know by leaving a comment below – we promise to read them all. (Humour particularly appreciated on a Friday!)